Application Window: October 30, 2017-February 2, 2018
Click Here for online application.
For questions concerning this program, please call 1-800-218-9946.
Bank of America is looking for the next generation of community leaders. If you are a junior or senior in high school and are working to make a difference in your school or community, we want to support you.
As a Student Leader, you will participate in an eight-week paid internship at a local nonprofit organization where you will learn first-hand about the needs of your community and the critical role nonprofits play. In addition, you will learn valuable civic, social and business leadership skills. Each Student Leader will attend the Student Leaders Summit held in Washington, D.C. where you will learn how government, business and the nonprofit sector work together to address critical community needs.
To become a Student Leader, you must:
- Currently be a junior or senior in high school
- Be able to participate in an 8-week paid internship at a local nonprofit organization (Wake County) and work 35 hours a week
- Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship through the end of September 2018
- Be able to participate in a week-long Student Leaders Summit in Washington, DC (July 8 – July 13, 2018)
(All expenses paid. This week will be part of your 8-week experience.)
- Be a student in good standing at your school
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator.
Please note, Bank of America employees or members of their family are NOT eligible for nomination. Family members include: spouse or domestic partner, child (including by adoption), parent, grandparent, grandchild, cousin, aunt, uncle, sibling, parent-in-law, brother-in-law or sister-in-law of the employee or the employee’s spouse or domestic partner, as well as step relationships.